Events involving Stokes Croft Writers members will include:
- An Evening at the Fear Institute (7.30-10pm 15th October, Smoke & Mirrors)
Watch four short adaptations of Jonathan L Howard’s iconic Johannes Cabal Short stories, performed live and including none other than SCW member Thomas David Parker!
- Bristol Book Bazaar (11am-1pm, 17 &18th October, Watershed)
Visit the book fair for FREE and meet local writers, including our own Christopher Fielden, who’ll be selling copies of the amazing How to Write a Short Story, Get Published & Make Money.
- Small Stories Presents: The Festival of Literature Launch Party (8pm-late 17th October, Watershed)
Hear four very different performances from Bristol’s finest truth tellers, aiming to cut through the noise and lies of modern life. There will be live music, dancing, and Stokes Croft Writers there
making fools of themselves networking.
- Stokes Croft Writers Presents: Scroll & Stroll (2-3pm 18th October, starting at Llandogger Trow)
Let Thomas David Parker lead you through Bristol’s literary history in this one-hour walking tour, from the house where Coleridge met Wordsworth to where Angela Carter spent her student days.
- Stokes Croft Writers Presents: For the Love of Reading (3.30-5pm 18th October, Royal Navy Volunteer)
Want to read more? Want to tell everyone about your favourite book? Come & swap recommendations in your most-loved genre or discover something new over a pint with fellow book lovers – and, of course, Stokes Croft Writers!
- Written From Art (5.30-7.30pm 21st October, Paintworks)
Renowned sculptor Carol Peace invites you into her studio for an evening of poetry and prose. A selection of writers (includingThomas David Parker) will share literary works inspired by art, either directly or indirectly.
- The Flash Slam (7.30-9.30pm 23rd October, The Crofter’s Rights)
Witness five local writing groups battle to the death in this flash fiction slam. Stokes Croft Writers will be represented by Chris Fielden, Christie Cluett, Leah Eades and Mel Ciavucco. VICTORY SHALL BE OURS!
- Talking Tales Presents: The Speakeasy (8-11pm 24th October, Leftbank)
The festival closes with a bang at the Speakeasy, a new spin on the Talking Tales format, including interviews with guest writers, live music & more. As always, all of Stokes Croft Writers will be there, and Steph Minns will be performing some original flash fiction.